2018-2019 Local Government Issues, Challenges, and Strategies
Teleconferences from November 2018 through February 2019
Hear experts discuss current issues of concern to local government officials in Wisconsin–recruiting and retaining talent, nonferrous mining, downtowns, and farm economic trends.
Each program is moderated by UW-Extension’s Local Government staff. There will be time for questions. All programs are from 10:00 am – 11:00 am.
- Live, Work & Play is Dead: Innovative Ways to Attract, Retain & Engage Talent, Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Local Government Regulation of Nonferrous Mining–Unearthing Your Options, Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Repurposing our Downtowns: Strategies that Work, Thursday, January 31, 2019
- Farm Economic Trends and their Effects on Farmers and Local Communities, Thursday, February 28, 2019
These teleconferences are audio-only. You attend by telephone. Connection information and reference materials are sent one week before the presentation.
Register online by clicking on the topic.
Cost to Participate
- $20. Participate during the live program. The connection information and reference materials (PDF) will be sent by email.
- $35. Participate during the live program plus hard copy of reference materials. Please register early to allow one week for U.S. Postal Service delivery.
- $35. Recorded program available on USB drive. Includes recorded program, PDF of reference materials and shipping.
For more complete descriptions of each topic, please download the 2018-2019 Local Government Issues, Challenges, and Strategies series brochure.